Monday, September 14, 2009

What we did on our summer vacation Part I

We the staff of Guerrero Family News have been away for a quite a while. I'm not sure what happened, but once I got out of the habit of posting, it was hard to get back into it! But we've had a nice summer and made some good memories to share.

On May 30, we had Joaquin's first birthday party! Joaquin turned one on June 3, 2009. The party was a lot of fun--it was a beautiful day and we had lots of great family and friends there. We had a bouncy house that Uncle Marc really enjoyed. I think some kids were in there too at some point, but we really got our money's worth from Uncle Marc jumping around in there.



And we had a pinata that was as violent as pinata-hitting should be. It required 2 bats to bust open.


Joaquin enjoyed some candy.



Here's Joaquin in his crown wondering why everyone is singing and staring at him...





We gave Joaquin freedom to enjoy his cupcake, but Joaquin is generally not a fan of sweets, especially smooth and creamy treats like frosting, pudding, ice cream, whipped cream. So, true to form, he approached the cupcake very tentatively and was done with it after a few minutes. This is the messiest he got!



And Joaquin had a lot of fun.


Stay tuned...I swear I'll post more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea Joaquin! You're back on the blog! Oh how I've missed seeing what you've been up to! Looks like your party was a blast. I was so bummed I missed it! I hope we get to have a play date soon!

Your bud,
Jaxon